Since September 2009 a boiler passport has been supplied with every new oil boiler. The Boiler Passport was prepared in consultation with OFTEC and is designed to provide a means by which consumers will receive a properly installed and commissioned appliance that meets current Building Regulations.
Golden rules for the installing technician:
- The installer is responsible for completing this passport and returning the paperwork to Grant Engineering.
- The appliance must be correctly commissioned in accordance with Grant’s instructions and registered with Grant Engineering, see our online boiler commissioning certificate here.
- The Central Heating System must be cleansed with a proprietary cleanser and treated with a proprietary corrosion inhibitor, the concentration of which must be checked at each annual service.
- The incoming cold water mains supply to a combi boiler must be fitted with a suitable and effective hard water treatment.
- A fuel filter with a filter rating of 70 microns or better must be fitted to the fuel supply of the appliance, in accordance with the burner manufacturer’s recommendations.
Why Complete a Boiler Passport?
- There is a record of the boiler being commissioned in the event of a problem
- Documentary evidence of all the settings and that the product was commissioned to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Cuts down on un necessary service calls
- Gives a record of the work so that the installer and home owner can refer to in the future especially in light of having the product serviced and BER assessments
To register your boiler see our online Boiler Commissioning Certificate here»